With one of the most attractive features and widest range of capabilities ever found in an anemometer, there is more than meets the eye about this device.
The Proster Digital Anemometer with Backlight is a one of a kind wind measuring device, with several more uses other than measuring the speed of the wind and many more amazing functions all in one little pack.
Check out the following cool attributes of this handheld weather station.
Console & External Features
The proster digital anemometer comes in the most exciting jet black color with, shockproof, anti-skid, anti-fall and waterproof mustard yellow protective rubber casing.
The anemometer is made up of a turbine-like fan at the top with the mode and resets buttons beneath it.
Below these is the easy to read, digital LCD screen with a bluish backlight which displays the current temperature, pressure, wind, and battery status.
Behind the device is the home for a 3V CR2032 Battery which has the capacity to last up to 300 hours.
Only a few other weather devices can boast of the compact and lightweight build of the Proster Digital anemometer. It comes at a startling 1.78 ounce and measures 4.1 x 1.6 x 0.7 inches in diameter. Fitting it in your pocket comes with no challenge whatsoever.
The digital screen boldly highlights the figures for, time, pressure, wind temperature, and speed, as well as battery status. Behind the display is an LCD backlight for night-time use.
Thanks to its high precision sensors, this hand-held anemometer can measure the following parameters:
• Consistent temperature pattern of about 3-4 hours and a range of -11 to 44 centigrade (14 – 115 Fahrenheit).
• Wind temperature ranging from -10 – 48 Centigrade.
• Wind speed pattern of approximately 3-4 hours and more with a wind speed of between 0-30m/smiles per hour.
• Air Velocity: Range: 0 – 30m/s, 0 – 90km/h depending on the wind gust.
This digital anemometer is perfect for outdoor-related activities including aeromodelling, windsurfing, surfing, sailing, fishing, hiking, and lots more.
For professional like sailors and firefighters, the device is best suspended from a pole fastened properly with a rope or attached with tapes while hikers, archers, and other outdoor enthusiasts, can simply carry it on the neck using the lanyard.
The proster digital anemometer has plenty in terms of customizable features from the wind speed which can be set to measure speed in several units like m/s, Km/h, ft/min, Knots, mph.
Also, the mode button is a gateway for varying the weather information displayed on the screen.
The backlight can be customized to maximum and minimum brightness levels depending on the need per time.
• Lightweight, easy to use, and extremely durable.
• The proster digital anemometer with backlight can measure a wide range of other factors such as wind speed, chill, and temperature.
• Easy to customize and modify functions.
• Cannot measure temperature and wind speed above 50 centigrade and 40 m per second respectively
• The waterproof effect is limited to four (4) meters of water.
The Proster Digital anemometer gives you a better idea of how far to adjust for windage. It is a great little anemometer that does just what it says and it is as accurate as models that cost 4 or 5 times as much.