There are many weather stations in the market but there is only one with a rain gauge that self –empties itself, a wireless display unit and other sleek features that horticulturists, orchardists and conservationists can’t wait to get their hands on.
The Oregon Scientific weather station is that device and it is suitable for various purposes including sailing, kite flying, mountain climbing, and climbing.
We all love a durable and affordable weather hub and this device doesn’t disappoint. Check out more features of the Oregon Scientific Weather Station with Wireless Rain Gauge.
The Oregon Scientific weather station with wireless rain gauge is way different from other similar gadgets since it allows you to measure the amount of rain that falls around you.
It can equally store data for longer than seven days compared to the competitors. Below are some other mouth-watering features of this iconic device.
This weather hub with its wireless rain gauge is composed of three different devices that function as one:
THE WIRELESS RAIN COLLECTOR
The first is the Automatic self-emptying rain collector which measures, collects and discharges rainwater.
It is a white plastic device that looks like an upturned bucket with a tripod stand. Measures Approximately (HxLxW): 10 x 4 x 6.
THE TEMPERATURE SENSOR
The next device is a white-colored, plastic, mobile temperature sensor with a large Wi-Fi indicator. This unit measures approximately (HxLxW): 10 x 11 x 6″.
THE MAIN DISPLAY UNIT
The last component is a multi-colored main display unit that sports a wide LCD screen with background lighting. It has several control buttons and a large antenna for signal location. The display unit measures about 3.5 x 5.6 x 1 inch.
The device is powered by 4 lithium AA batteries that can sustain continuous usage over days.
The Oregon Scientific weather station with its wireless rain gauge can measure the following:
• Minimum and maximum values of indoor and outdoor temperature patterns by using the thermometer at the base of the sensor.
• The amount of rain, as well as minimum and maximum humidity levels.
• Wind: This weather station measures a whole range of wind parameters (average wind speed, wind chill) accurately.
• Time and date: The display unit shows time and calendar date alongside other readings.
Placement is very important when installing the wireless rain gauge. Ensure that it is placed in an open space which is not obstructed by trees, buildings or machinery.
The temperature sensor should be hung in the open not more than 300 feet from the display unit while the main display unit can be placed on a tabletop.
• The weather station is very accurate in measurement
• Has the ability to store data
• Easy to set up and maintain
• It is a wireless device
• Lacks an AC/DC power source
• Doesn’t store data for longer than 10 days
• The weather station will not connect with sensors when they are more than 100 meters apart
The Oregon Scientific BAR208SX Weather Station is perfect for desktop use and it is a must-have for kite flyers, sailors, mountain climbers, and hikers. It is a great product and deserving of your consideration.