Weather stations are much more than devices used by meteorologists alone. They might look small but they can perform when the big occasion presents itself.
While there may be many versions in the market, go for the Oregon Scientific BAR208SX Weather Station, with its unbelievable features and fantastic price – you won’t regret it.
Unlike many similar weather stations, the Oregon Scientific BAR208SX Weather Station is a radio-controlled device. Thanks to this and other cool features, it is way ahead of the competition.
This amazing weather hub is made up of two different parts:
1. An outdoor sensor device (white-colored) which should be mounted on a pole, in any location ranging from your garden to your lawn, and your attic to your garage. It can read all the necessary information from anywhere it is sited.
2. The mobile component is made up of a pitch-black plastic frame with a large and easy to read color LCD monitor for reading all the measured values. It has various buttons surrounding a center key which as a bulb icon – used to control the display backlight. The AC/DC adaptor point is at the bottom of the hub while the battery sits behind the device.
Compared to similar handheld stations, the BAR208SX is not so lightweight as it weighs about 150 g and measures about (Lxbxh) 18.5 x 4.5 x 9 cm. Nonetheless, it is portable enough to be carried around without stress.
It is powered by 3 AA dry cell batteries which promise extensive juice for prolonged usage.
The weather meter can take the following readings:
• Consistent minimum and maximum values of indoor and outdoor temperature patterns in more than two locations (depending on the number of sensors).
• Barometric pressure, humidity, heat index, dew point, wind chill, and moon phase.
• Wind: The Oregon Scientific BAR208SX weather station measures a whole range of wind parameters like average wind speed, wind chill, etc. and does this accurately about four times in a minute.
• It can also measure time, courtesy of its Day-month Calendar function.
• Forecasts ice alerts with a blinking LED indicator.
Unlike other products which come with tripods or points of attachment for tripods, this unique product is best suitable for a tabletop.
The outdoor sensor should be left outdoors and may be installed on a longer rod in a place where there is shade but doesn’t shut out sunlight and wind.
The device should also be used alongside a stable internet connection for a better experience.
Note: When setting up, ensure the outdoor component is not located over 100 feet from the indoor sensor.
• It shows weather forecast with graphical icons.
• It is AC/DC powered with an option for removable batteries.
• Easy to set up and maintain.
• Beautiful, durable and has a very bright green LED light.
• The device needs to be reset continuously.
• Doesn’t come in many color options.
• The weather station will not connect with sensors when they are more than 100 meters apart.
The Oregon Scientific BAR208SX weather Station is perfect for the home user. It is a functional product and would serve you well at home.