Davis Instruments is a California based company that is renowned for remarkable weather measuring products. Being one of the best manufacturers on the market they didn’t leave anything out of the excellent 6250 Vantage Vue Wireless.
The hub isn’t made in a way to look fancy or colorful, allowing you to easily get to the meat of all the data. The monochrome screen displays indoor and outdoor temperature, indoor and outdoor humidity, wind speed, direction, wind gust, wind chill, heat index, dew point, rainfall, and rain rate. The keypad allows you to click between a multitude of graphs, alarms, and other settings – all while having an ergonomically designed dome style that is nice to the touch. Night viewing is also possible with the glow-in-the-dark keypad.
The sensor is solar powered with a stored energy backup on rainy or cloudy days. This Davis Instrument device getting damaged should be a problem either as it comes with a sealed-electronic design that ensures that all of its measuring apparatus is protected. The weather-proof cover is extremely durable and corrosion-resistant, while the radiation shielding helps reflect solar radiation and other sources of heat. In terms of accuracy, you don’t have to worry as the manufacturer believes that measurement is nigh-useless without precision.
- Wireless range is 1,000 feet
- Spread spectrum design allows updates every 2.5 seconds
- Wind speed is accurate within a range of 2 to 150 MPH
- Indoor temperature range is from 32 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Outdoor temperature measurements give precision down to -40 and upwards of 150 degrees Fahrenheit
- Rain collector is capable of getting readings as low as 0.01-inches
Not stopping there, the manufacturer has also made it so this machine is compatible with a plethora of accessories. Including the WeatherLink data logger, which can be uploaded to your computer where it will receive data derived from the 6250 Vantage and formulate it in a series of analysis to give you historiography and potential forecasting. It is also compatible with its more popular cousin the Vantage Pro2, allowing the mix and match of most of the parts. It is also compatible with plenty of other accessories like tripod mounts, replacement sensors, and long-range repeaters.
- The console has some of the most in-depth data and graphing available
- The sensor is extra-accurate within a large range and tough
- Solar-powered with battery backup
- Radiation shielding provides precise temperature measurements
- Professional level quality comes at a high cost
- The range of commands, settings, and buttons on the hub can overwhelm amateurs
Overall, this machine is the creme-de-la-creme of weather stations as it comes outfitted with professional level craftsmanship and features. Remarkably accurate and tested to sustain the worst in extreme weather makes this station the best in its field. Because of all these impressive capabilities, the 6250 Vantage Vue is great with everything from home weather watching, to school, and even emergency response.