Wireless weather stations are the rave of the moment. Oceanographers, geographers and researchers use them. They can be found in homes, on ships, and some are found in open fields.
If you are thinking of getting a wireless weather station that is easy to customize for your needs and one that has features that are easy to use, go for the exotic weather station by BALDR.
Read on to check out the unique features of this outdoor and indoor wireless weather station.
The wide LCD screen with its monochrome color and bold display is the most notable feature of this console.
The LCD screen allows for a perfect and easy to read display of weather values ranging from the average minimum and maximum values of pressure, temperature and humidity to other factors measured both indoors and outdoors.
The console is mostly black coloured, and it has a bright plastic frame which is made from plastic.
N.B. to identify an authentic device lookout for the BALDR inscription written on the frame just below the LCD screen.
With the bright white backlight, the device is a perfect choice for night-time use. It also has a functional but thin back rest for support when used on the desktop.
What this weather station lacks in size it makes up for in stylish design and accuracy. It measures 3.1 x 0.9 x 6.3 inches and weighs 9.6 ounces.
The remote sensor is one of the sleekest remote sensors in the market. It comes in a water-resistant and beautiful coal-black almost cuboid design.
The remote sensor also a small-sized LCD screen and a compartment for LED batteries.
The BALDR Indoor/Outdoor wireless weather station doesn’t come with an A.C. input unit, but two AAA batteries power it.
- Minimum and maximum values of humidity for indoor and outdoor environments.
- The device has a wireless signal of 433 MHz
- Minimum, average, and maximum values of temperature in Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Wireless sensors can connect within the range of 100 feet (330m).
- It transmits data at least every 16-20 seconds.
With the three buttons on its console, the weather station can easily customize alarm and clock settings.
The pressure and temperature readings can also be re-calibrated with the buttons.
The backlight can be turned on and off for up to 10 seconds by pressing the button on the top of the device.
Console: The console can be wall-mounted using the integrated hanger or desk mounted.
Remote senor: This can be installed by hanging from a suspended lanyard, hung with a nail or placed to lean on a wall.
- Has very sleek and ergonomic features.
- The device is very accurate in measuring temperature, pressure time and moon phase.
- It can be used as a bedside alarm.
- Sometimes, synchronization issues arise between the indoor device and remote sensor.
- It cannot forecast more than 12-24-hour weather forecast.
It is a must-have for aquatic users because of its sleekness and water-resistant feature.