Whether or not you are collecting metrological information for personal use or you are on the oceans conducting scientific research, the likelihood that you will require the use of a mobile weather station is exceptionally high.
With the Ambient Weather WS-2000 weather station, you can be sure that whatever readings you hope to collect, temperature, wind, or humidity, you can be sure that you will get the most accurate results.
This portable weather device is made up of three different parts including an outdoor sensor array which can mount on any pole, a brilliant and sleek high definition TFT Display Tablet, and a handheld remote-like device.
THE OUTDOOR SENSOR
It is deftly built with a thick plastic and it comes with several sensors (about four in number) and a solar panel which serves as a power source for this outdoor unit.
The display unit is made up of a flat, dark frame that houses a full-color TFT LCD screen and can connect to the internet and any available Wi-Fi service.
It also features cloud capabilities, and points of attachments for wall mounting purposes. The whole unit ships with an AC adapter, thus making it easy to connect to a power input.
REMOTE-LIKE INDOOR UNIT
This is a rectangular shaped box with an LCD screen. It is powered by two AA dry cell batteries and can detect barometric pressure, humidity and temperature when indoors.
- Display Tablet: The frame measures 7.75 x 5.75 x 0.75” and boasts an LCD dimensions of 6.25 by 3.5”. Thus, visibility on this device is hassle free.
- Sensor Array: A perfect outdoor size of approximately 14 x 12 x 6”.
The Ambient Weather WS-2000 weather station can read the following:
- WIND: It measures accurately the wind speed and direction.
- TEMPERATURE: One of the best devices used in measuring both minimum and maximum temperatures.
- OTHERS: It can also effectively and accurately measure humidity, rainfall, UV, and solar radiation in the minimum and maximum ranges.
Owing to the peculiarity of this unique product, the outdoor sensor which should be left outdoors and installed on a long rod (between 1,2 inch in diameter) in areas where sunlight and wind will not be prevented from having direct contact with the device.
The device should also be connected to a stable internet connection, while the LCD device can be wall-mounted if necessary.
Note: When installing the equipment, ensure it is not located over 200 feet away from the indoor sensor, most importantly, each of the devices should be synchronized over Wi-Fi.
- The WS-2000 offers cloud hosting support
- It can connect to the internet using a Wi-Fi
- The very wide and functional LCD screen makes it easy to use
- Charges with solar energy and has backup power options
- Has a measuring limit for all parameters (wind, temperature, etc.)
- Would not function optimally without internet
- The LCD screen is fragile and not touch sensitive.
Overall, the Ambient Weather WS-2000 weather station is an extremely beautiful, useful and durable device which is best suited for commercial use. Its extra features such as the cloud hosting capability and compatibility with google maps are a few reasons to own this gadget.