If you are planning on visiting the sea or you just took up kite flying as a hobby, there is one part of your gear you’re probably missing: A weather station.
With the AcuRite 02077 Color Weather Station in your kitty, you can be certain that you’ve made the right choice.
Check out the features of AcuRite 02077 and discover what makes it an iconic weather station.
Although it doesn’t sport the best console for a weather station, this device is known for its size and lightweight.
The carbon black, shiny plastic casing has a wide-enough LCD screen which shows interesting, animated, and graphic readings of time and date.
It also shows the records for temperature, air pressure, humidity, moon phase, battery, weather trend arrows, and signal meter.
With its illuminated screen which features an adjustable backlight, you can be sure of usability in different lighting conditions.
In addition, it has a flat base for mounting on a desk top and a hanger for wall mount.
All in all, what the console lacks in screen size it makes up for in features.
The wireless sensor is also small-sized, but it is packed full of sensors that allow for an almost seamless wireless interaction with the console.
It was designed with a wall or tree installation in mind with its brilliant color and weather–resistant features.
The sensor comes with a red-light indicator, a compartment for batteries, serrated apertures, and a hanger for easy mounting.
The AcuRite 02077 Color Weather Station is known to provide accurate or near accurate records of various conditions.
- Minimum, average, and maximum values of temperature.
- Minimum and maximum values of humidity for indoors and outdoors.
- The device has a wireless signal of 433 MHz.
- This iconic hub has a reasonably reliable wireless range, and it can connect with any of its wireless sensors in the range of 100 feet (300m) or less.
- It transmits data at least four times every minute.
This sort of weather station is not known for its large size, which is why it measures a mere 4.5 x 1.6 x 6.6 inches and weighs just 1.1 pounds.
The AcuRite 02077 Color weather station doesn’t have much in terms of customizations apart from the adjustable backlight, which also works automatically.
It also can also be customized to record time measurements in more than one-time zone.
Console: This can be wall-mounted using the integrated hanger or simply placed on a desk.
Remote senor: It can be installed by hanging from a suspended rope or hanging with a nail.
(N.B: During installation, avoid obstructions and shady environments to prevent alteration in measurements)
- The animated LCD screen is easy to read.
- It is easy to mount because of the integrated hanger.
- It has a built-in clock that automatically updates daylight savings time.
- Gives 12-24hour forecasts that are location-dependent.
- The device is extremely fragile and can be damaged with minimal pressure.
- Doesn’t transmit if the sensor array is located more than 100 feet away.
The AcuRite 02077 Color weather station has a bright display and it is one of the best humidity checking weather meter to buy.