Acurite Deluxe Wireless Weather Center Review
The Acurite Deluxe Wireless Weather Center employs its patented self-calibrating forecasting technology to provide users with their own personal weather report. National and local weather reports are based on data collected from weather stations that are most likely hundreds of miles from your home. The Acurite Deluxe analyzes changes in barometric pressure with a unique algorithm to generate an accurate weather report for your specific location. It does this by spending its first fourteen days learning about your location. It uses a pressure reading to first determine the altitude of your location. Then, it measures the air pressure with regard to your altitude to give you a proven accurate 12 and 24 hour weather forecast.
The large and easy to read display includes indoor and outdoor temperature readings. It also displays barometric pressure, humidity, date, and time. The wireless technology transmits new readings every 16 seconds and covers an unobstructed distance of 300 feet.
Features and Specifications
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 2 x 12.2 inches.
- Weight: 2 pounds.
- Item model number: 518346
- Display: 9.8" H x 7.5" W x 1.3" D
- Outdoor Temperature Range: -40º to 158º F, -40º C to 70º C
- Wireless transmission range: 330 feet.
- Main unit uses 3 AA batteries. Sensor uses 2 AA batteries.
- Communicates wirelessly on 433 MHz radio frequency. Transmits every 16 seconds.
- Intelli-Time self- setting clock and calendar adjusts automatically for daylight savings time.
- Patented self-calibrating weather forecaster measures changes in barometric pressure to give you an accurate weather forecast for your location.
- Self-calibrating technology makes the station easy to install and simple to operate.
The reviews for the Acurite Deluxe Wireless Weather Center include some complaints about the buttons used to set the device. They are pressure sensitive, and it can be hard to tell if you are pressing them hard enough. They should respond to light pressure, but that is not always the case. One review dismissed this problem as they are not used very often anyway. There are also some complaints that the temperature and humidity readings are off when the sensor and console are placed side by side, although the 14 day self-calibration should take care of that issue.
The majority of reviews are extremely positive. Set up is intuitive and easy, although a well-written manual is still included for assistance. Reviewers love the large easy to read display and the blue backlight that is activated with a button at the top of the console. The larger than usual screen clearly displays date, time temperature, humidity, and air pressure readings. One reviewer uses the barometric readings to tell him the best times to go fishing. The self- setting clock is also a popular feature.
- Very easy to set up and use.
- Large display is east to read from a distance.
- Atomic clock sets and adjusts itself.
- Beautiful blue backlighting.
- Accurate temperature and humidity readings.
- Alkaline batteries are included.
- Indoor LCD display can be difficult to read in low light.
- Set buttons can be finicky. They are pressure sensitive and do not click to signal that they are engaged.